Monday, September 6, 2010

This place is a zoo! (yes I do know how cheesy I am)

So we live on the coast and it's foggy, A LOT, like most of the summer. Today though was actually beautiful and warm so I decided at 10:30 to get the kids ready for an impromptu trip to the zoo.

For their birthday we got a family membership and it has been one of our best family purchases. The SF zoo is small but really lovely there are nice nature trails and a huge playground. The babies always love to go there but lately as they are getting bigger they are not wanting to be in the stroller all the time. They want to RUN!

This might be possible if there was only one of them or maybe two of me, because there isn't we have LEASHES. Yes that's right I'm one of "those" parents.

I was very apprehensive about using them in public especially living in the bay area. Surprisingly I really only got one glare and I didn't let it phase me. Lexi was a bit cranky and preferred to be held or in the stroller (the dreaded molars!) but Ty was in heaven!

He ran and tugged on his leash and yes tripped a few times, but I think that was more from being a newish walker than the leash. He was so happy I wish I could have gotten it on tape but it's a bit harder to hold a leash and push a double stroller than I thought it would be.

Just imagine the hugest happiest proudest grin you can and that was my little boy today. So I don't care how many glares I get from people that don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment