Lexi and I got to spend some quality time together on Friday. We went to a local children's resale shop that was collecting donations for the San Bruno Fire victims. We droped off some stuff and helped out. Well mostly I helped and Lexi took advantage of being able to run around the store. Still it was nice to just take out one baby and be able to help.
I don't often get to spend time with just one of them at a time and especially taking one out in public with me. People always ask where the other twin is and if I feel like I'm forgetting something. And while yes of course I miss whoever isn't there, it's nice sometimes to feel like a "normal" mom. To be able to just carry one baby into a store for a quick trip in and out without lugging around a double stroller.
I think even more than being able to take out just one baby at a time I love having family time with all of us. It's just so much easier! We spent the last day of Craig's days off at Golden Gate Park. With him working nights I spend so much time taking them out alone that I treasure our family time. We spent an hour finding parking and couldn't really get to the good part of the park, but we did find a little grassy area for the babies to run around in. The bonus was they got to watch older kids play soccer they loved it.
Pretty good week even if there were a few hiccups, and the sunshine always makes everything better.

No comments:
Post a Comment