Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mompetitors



This video has been going around and I feel like it's pretty apt for how I've been feeling lately. I think about every 6 months or so babies around our age start going through major developmental changes. This time around it's toddler beds, talking and potty training.

That video above while funny isn't really true. I haven't ran into moms as bad as that, but sometimes in my head it feels that way. I think I put so much pressure on myself and think "omg what if I'm doing it wrong". I hear criticism that isn't there.

Logically I know there isn't one set way to parent and I like how my kids and I are with each other. I like letting them grow at their own pace it just seems RIGHT for us, BUT there is always that voice that thinks maybe it's wrong maybe I am messing them up for life.

I am pretty sure this voice never goes away and that I should just be a little easier on myself. They will talk, they will be ready for potty training and toddler beds much sooner than I'm ready for. I guess I just just lighten up on myself and if you're reading this and you're a mom you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment