I had to rush poor Ty to the ER at 5am last week because of his breathing and a nasty cough. Of course I caught an adult version to go with the nasty allergy cough I've had for the past 2 months. And then Ty and I got better and I thought *whew* Lexi is safe...no such luck. OH well I think we are all now finally on the mend.
As I was trying to figure out how in the world we caught it since no one in our playgroup has it and those are really the only kids we hang out with. I even thought OK maybe from the park? Then, I remembered that 2 weeks ago we were desperate. Babies were climbing and terrorizing the living room so I let them go to the mall and play there. You know those play areas where all the kids in the city play. I used to call them germ havens. TURNS OUT.. I was right.
As I thought about how I vowed never to take them there I realized how far I have come as a preemie mom. If you have ever had a preemie you know how the NICU drills cleanliness and sanitizing into your head. I mean I haven't always followed every single rule and over the last year I've gotten a lot more lax.
I still am pretty strict on some things (such as the germ haven!) but yesterday we went to the beach as a family and even though it killed me thinking about dogs, other kids, seagull poop, etc. I let my kids chew on sticks. Let's hope they don't catch smallpox.
YUM Stick!

Wonder if the whole thing will fit...
No comments:
Post a Comment